[dsdp-mtj-dev] Possible MTJ Contribution

Hi,

I am the CTO from Four2B GmbH (in Germany) and we are
developing JavaME-products in various fields (games, showrooms,
informationservices, etc). So we have first-hand expirence on
the difficulties which come along with porting Java applications
to various JavaMe Devices.

Our first choice has been J2ME-Polish as our buildsystem and
Eclipse as IDE. After using some refactoring functions we soon
hit the hard reality of JavaMe-Development. Most of the markup-code
we used for automatic builds was not usuable anymore.
YES. Refactoring breaks your "preprocessor-spiked"-code.

AspectJ and other AOP-Frameworks are in most cases to unhandy or
oversized to substitute the comment-based preprocessor-approach.

We have started a project to fix this problem, in order to keep the
code more readable and refactorable.

If there is any interesst in contributions on your side, we could
imagine to contribute to the following usecases:

- Execute the application (at least taking part in the specification
process)
- Manage fragmentation (code contributions)
- Localize the application (code contributions)

We are not sure about the licence-type we should use (open, closed,
splitted).
My personal point of view is that we should bring some development force
back to the eclipse-community.

If there is any interesst in exchanging the "comment-style"
preprocessor-approach with an alternative, i will ask our management
to open-source our solution (including localization support).

Hope to hear some positive response

Kind regards
Sebastian Sickelmann

Back to the top