Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] Platform filters in site.xml and feature.xml

I would assume that the feature.xml would override a default value provided by site.xml.
I think you should post this question to the platform group, though.

Danail Nachev <d_nachev@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-ercp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/16/2007 10:20 AM

Please respond to
DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[dsdp-ercp-dev] Platform filters in site.xml and feature.xml

Hi,

In both site.xml and feature.xml, platform filter (based on os, ws, arch
and nl) can be specified (attributes os, ws, arch, nl). According to the
documentation in Eclipse, these attributes should provide only a hint
about the portability of the bundle. The user should be able to force
the installation of the feature.

The confusion here is, because we can specify platform filter in both
site.xml and feature.xml. It is not clear what is the difference between
the two and which should be used? Which should takes precedence over the
other?

Currently, only the feature.xml platform filter is taken into account.
The site.xml platform filter is ignored.

BR,
Danail

Danail Nachev . Software Engineer/Development Tools
ProSyst Labs EOOD
1606 Sofia, Bulgaria . 48 Vladajska Str.
Phone:  +359 (0)2 952 35 81/102 . Fax +359 (0)2 953 26 17
http://www.prosyst.com . d_nachev@xxxxxxxxxx