Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] New API proposals

I love it.

Gorkem Ercan <gercan@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-ercp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/23/2007 05:17 PM

Please respond to
DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[dsdp-ercp-dev] New API proposals

There has been some API proposals for 1.1 release (including a few from
yours truly). As far as I can see these proposals do not really go
anywhere and getting lost. I propose that we do new API proposals in a
more organized way so that it is open, traceable, and has better visibility.

1. Open an bug report with enhancement severity with the proposed
specification. I mean the exact javadoc (which is something solid and
community can comment )
2. Send an email to dsdp-ercp-dev mailing list with a link to the bug
report and the needs, and clients(or use cases) for the new API.
3. We keep the new API proposal open for discussion at least 1week. If
in this period there are no objections to it and everyone is content
with the new API, Our PMC member (Mark Rogalski) and  eRCP project lead
( yours truly) approves the inclusion of the new API in the bugzilla. if
there are objections and community can not agree on the API we reject it.

If this new mechanism sound reasonable to everyone, I would like to
start using it starting next week.
--
Gorkem Ercan