Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] New API for mobile package

Initial thoughts are that I'm not enthused about adding getters for parameters that the programmer already supplied. That would be adding overhead to every class for something that is probably rarely used. And there are other ways for a program to keep this info if needed. On the other hand, the increase in size is very minimal, so if any one can show compelling use case(s), I would be more open to the idea.

                Mark

Gorkem Ercan <gercan@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-ercp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/19/2007 03:28 PM

Please respond to
DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[dsdp-ercp-dev] New API for mobile package

I would like to propose an API change for some of the widgets in the
mobile package.
Some of the widgets in the mobile package have constructors that take a
third style parameter that determines the behavior of the widget.
Unlike the SWT style, which can be queried with getStyle(), on most
cases this third parameters can not be queried.
The affected widgets and styles are
Command: command type
ConstrainedText: constraint type
DateEditor: dateEditor style
ListBox: layout style
MobileShell:  status style
QueryDialog: query type
SortedList: mode style
TextExtension: extension style

Useful, not needed? Let's discuss these to be part of the 1.1 API changes.