Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] Installing J9 Foundation on WM2003 Smartphone

Windows Mobile Pocket PC and Phone Editions are compatible with each other. However, neither of these is compatible with Windows Mobile SmartPhone. (One more reason to use Java rather than native...)  Thus, you would need a different version of J9 for WM SmartPhone. However, even if you got a JVM for SmartPhone, the eRCP project has not produced a version of eSWT for SmartPhone. We had a lot of trouble supporting the soft keys. So you wouldn't be able to run eRCP GUI apps.

"Daniel Roy" <danielroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-ercp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/26/2007 09:10 AM

Please respond to
DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dsdp-ercp-dev] Installing J9 Foundation on WM2003 Smartphone

I'm trying to install the Foundation CAB (j9-foun10-wm2003-arm_22.CAB) to my WM2003 Smartphone (Audiovox SMT 5600), and it's saying that the CAB is not compatible with my device. Is this a known problem?  Should I be looking on the IBM site for a compatible version for my device?  Has anyone installed this CAB on a similar smartphone? _______________________________________________
dsdp-ercp-dev mailing list
dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx