From: Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Device Debugging developer discussions <dsdp-dd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21/01/2009 18:34
Subject: Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Cygwin gdb keeps running after        debuggee        finishesexecution.
Sent by: dsdp-dd-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I think Dimitri is referring to the fact that GDB doesn't terminate just because the inferior process finishes.  We discussed this in the past, and there's a bug filed for it: 234468.

Cheers,
Pawel

Marc Khouzam wrote:

Normally, -gdb-exit is sent and GDB shoud exit.
In some cases, say the program is currently running, -gdb-exit won't work.
In those cases, at least on Linux we send a TERM signal and if that does not work, we send a KILL signal.
I'm not sure if it is the same code (org.eclipse.cdt.utils.spawner.Spawner) that runs on Windows, and how it deals with such signals.
If I get my hands on a windows mahcine, I'll try it, but I can't make promises.

Marc