[dsdp-dd-dev] RE: [cdt-dev] Question on future debugger interface

Hi,

The new DSF-based debugging frontend that can also be used with the CDT
also has an MI layer.  If Frysk was to use the MI protocol, I think its
usage would be easier to implement for DSF.

Also, GDB is evolving the MI interface for such things as non-stop
debugging and multi-process debugging.  So, MI has some effort being
put into it.  I believe an API library would need to be defined from the
start, which seems to be more work, for Frysk and for DSF.

So, I think from an "amount of work" point-of-view, using MI is better.
>From a "best technical solution" point-of-view, I don't have enough
experience to have an opinion.

Marc

P.S. Added the DD (DSF) list in CC.