Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] session shutdown not working

The special logic in PDALaunch to deal with race conditions was added because while developing this prototype I ran accross cases where the PDA program ran to completion before the launch sequence ended. GDBLaunch has the same vulnerability, but we haven't come across use cases where this bug would show up with GDB program... so it's just a theoretical bug :-) Cheers,
Pawel

Jesper Eskilson wrote:
Jesper Eskilson wrote:

Now the debug-view shows the program as being terminated, but the launch itself is still not marked as terminated and the button for removing terminated launches is disabled. See attached screenshot. I suppose that there is some event somewhere which isn't triggered (or handled) correctly. Any clues?

I rewrote the session shutdown code using GDBLaunch.java as an example, and now it works better.

I noted that much of the code guarding against race conditions during startup/shutdown found in the PDA examples is abscent from the GDB implementation. Pawel, can you comment on that? Is the GDB implementation done in such a way that it doesn't need the guarding code?

Back to the top