Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] DSF to only support protocol version mi?

On Thursday 22 May 2008 20:37:04 Marc Khouzam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to get opinions on removing the protocol version UI from the launch.
> DSF-GDB only supports version "mi", which is the latest version available in GDB.
>
> Currently, we completely ignore whatever is specified in the launch UI as protocol version :-)
> So, either I remove it, or I support it...
>
> I vote to remove it, since we are not going to support older mi versions.
> If we need to support different mi versions in the future, we can add it back.

You might want to make sure that you run gdb as:

	gdb --i=mi2

as opposed to

	gdb --i=mi

If you use the latter, then things might, and probably will, break when MI3 is introduced
and becomes default.

Other than that, I don't see why MI version would be specified by the user -- I always
found that combobox to be fairly confusing.

- Volodya

Back to the top