*From:* dsdp-dd-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-dd-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Francois Chouinard
*Sent:* Friday, May 09, 2008 2:27 PM
*To:* Device Debugging developer discussions
*Subject:* Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] request to fix a bug with a breakpoint API change(bug 231156)

+1

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I would like to make another breaking API change in the DSF view
    model code.  The change would allow the abstract base classes in
    the view model to return a simpler java.util.concurrent.Executor
    interface instead of the full-featured DsfExecutor, which in turn
    would allow the view model to use a more efficient implementation
    of the executor.  The down-side of the change is that some
    assertions used in the various places in the view model would have
    to be removed.  There are no interface changes though as
    IVMProvider.getExecutor() already returns the simpler executor
    interface.

    On the upside, fixing this bug would visibly improve the UI
    performance of DSF as the current DisplayDsfExecutor is somewhat
    of a hack and has a lot of performance overhead.  The performance
    improvment is especially visible in view updates when stepping.
    Committers, please vote on whether to make this change in RC1.

    Cheers,
    Pawel