[dsdp-dd-dev] RE: register event generation

Title: Hello
Veenu

   This would be incorrect. I assume you are adding the groupDmc so as to be able to find the
   group the register is in.

   The regDmc should have as its parent a dmc which is of type IRegisterGroupDMContext.
   This is done when you construct the register DMC.

   If you follow your flow then you would have to add a group context and a register context to
   the function.

   So here are the relationships as I create them in my commercial

   For Group DMC

         GroupDMC <-- ExecutionDMC <-- SymbolDmc

   For Register DMC

         RegDMC <-- GroupDMC <-- ExecutionDMC <-- SymbolDmc

   For BitFieldDMC

         BitFieldDMC <-- RegDMC <-- GroupDMC <-- ExecutionDMC <-- SymbolDmc

   So in the case you mentioned in that routine I get the Group DMC from the Register DMC by doing
   the following

             MIRegisterGroupDMC groupDmc = DMContexts.getAncestorOfType(registerDmc, MIRegisterGroupDMC.class);

    where MIRegisterGroupDMC is a class which implements IRegisterGroupDMContext :

            public static class MIRegisterGroupDMC extends AbstractDMContext<IRegisterGroupDMData> implements IRegisterGroupDMContext {

    If you want please call me and I will be glad to go over this with you 781-364-2226.

Randy