[dsdp-dd-dev] DD Project Leadership

Hi DD folks,

I’m really pleased with how the DSF coding camp went last week.  Many thanks to Pawel for organizing and running the event!  It’s great to see Ericsson and MontaVista engaged with developers, and it was helpful to have Jim from CodeSourcery attending.  I can’t say enough how much I appreciate the commitment of engineering to the DD project from other companies.

As many of you know, I have my hands full with the DSDP project, my Wind River management responsibilities, and now my role as Technical Program Chair of EclipseCon 08.  The time has come for me to nominate a proper project lead for DD that can help drive the DD 1.0 delivery on the Ganymede train.  We’ve got a lot of good technology forming in DD, and we need someone who has the fulltime job of running the project.

As such, I’d like to nominate Pawel Piech to run DD.  As most of you have worked with Pawel on DSF over the past several months, I think you already know his technical leadership skills.  The project mechanics will be the easy part…or so I’ve promised him.  J  Changing a project lead is initiated and voted on at the PMC level, so this change will be official once the DSDP PMC approves.

As was discussed in the coding camp, the next step for DD is a project plan with milestones for the development work on the DSF+GDB implementation.  This will be Pawel’s first task as project lead.

Finally, I’m not planning on disappearing.  You can expect me at most DD project meetings and discussions.  I’m very excited about finishing DSF+GDB and getting to 1.0…and then tackling our next problems – SPIRIT, multi-core, ….

Doug

Back to the top