[Dltk-dev] DLTK breaking changes

Hi everyone,
As a continuation of BugĀ 533023 - Drop H2 index implementation let's have a conversation about future of the project.
Removing the H2 index is IMHO good thing to do. Another thing is dropping dltk.sh in favor of https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-shellwax (note I already did that with the marketplace entry for dltk.sh I maintain).
There are other parts of the projects - python and js which are useless as they support only ancient versions and are practically useless nowadays. For js especially https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.wildwebdeveloper is giving best editor for _javascript_ in eclipse I've ever seen so it makes no sense to even keep our disfunctional one.
So what do you think about 6.0 release in September with the following removed:
* h2 index
* dltk.sh
* dltk._javascript_

We need active project lead opinion on this one IMHO.

Best regards,
Alex

Back to the top