[ditto-dev] Eclipse Ditto logo crowdsourcing

Benjamin and I talked during EclipseCon about the logo which we would also like to get via the “crowdsourcing” platform “99designs”.

Here is the link to the campaign which was done for Eclipse Hono: https://en.99designs.de/logo-design/contests/create-logo-essential-internet-things-technology-594549

I would like to use the mailing list in order to work on our description as input for the designers.

Therefore a first suggestion based on the input which was given to the Hono design contest:

Who are you known as?

Ditto

Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach

We need a logo for our open source software project Ditto – https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.ditto

Eclipse Ditto is a technology implementing a software pattern called “Digital Twins” which we would also like to see reflected in the logo. A digital twin is a virtual, cloud based, representation of his real world counterpart (real world “Things”, e.g. devices like sensors, smart heating, connected cars, smart grids, EV charging stations, …).
The technology mirrors potentially millions and billions of digital twins residing in the digital world with physical “Things”. This simplifies working with IoT (Internet of Things) for software developers as they do not need to know how or where exactly the physical “Things” are connected. They can just be used as any other service in the web via their digital twins.

The name of the project has the meaning of the English “ditto”: the same thing again / as has been said before
The name should emphasize the mirroring / twin aspect as key purpose of the technology.

The Ditto project is part of a larger ecosystem of open-source projects called “Eclipse IoT”. The Eclipse IoT website is available at http://iot.eclipse.org and the logo of Eclipse IoT is attached to the brief – while not mandatory, we encourage designers to provide logos that convey the idea of Ditto belonging to the Eclipse IoT brand.

What industry do you think your business is most related to?

Technology

Other notes

Some important keywords relevant to Ditto that we would like somehow to be represented in our logo:
* Internet of Things
* Cloud
* Scalability (i.e Ditto can give home to billions of digital twins)

We'll need a favicon for our website, in addition to the "regular" logo.

Feedback of any kind is welcome – I don’t know whether we already should give a hint in which direction we would like to see a logo.

Personally I would like the theme twin/gemini.

Should we also point to existing Eclipse Hono + Vorto + hawkBit logos? As we intend to integrate with Hono+Vorto I think the logos will be displayed often together.

What do you think?

Best regards

Thomas Jäckle

Back to the top