Re: [dash-dev] Maven Nexus server

Zitat von Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>:

Point 5 is that really, published Eclipse content should migrate to Maven Central instead of being hosted on Eclipse infra. The key challenge, it seems, is getting it in a suitable form. I believe that CBI may be the way to make this happen.

I agree with the first statement and I love CBI but CBI won't solve this; Tycho is just a thin wrapper over p2 - it doesn't create useful POM files (main weakness: All the dependencies are missing because Tycho just uses the POM to hook into Maven's build process).

Unless we can get every Eclipse project into using POM-first (instead of Tycho's default manifest-first), the OSGi bundles need to be converted to be usable by non-Tycho builds.

Regards,

http://www.pdark.de/                   http://blog.pdark.de/

Back to the top