Re: [dash-dev] [m4e] handling of import package and fragments?

Zitat von Marcel Bruch <bruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

I briefly scanned the wiki page of m4e but didn't see a statement how m4e is dealing with imported packages and their versions and how fragments are mapped. Does it recognize them in some way in the dependencies section of the pom?

I haven't documented the import phase properly, yet. To answer your questions:

The latest snapshot tries to locate dependencies based on imports but it doesn't support the fancy OSGi features like fragments because Maven doesn't support that. If you use fragments (i.e. SWT), then you'll have to specify the correct dependencies in your own POM.

I could support dependency based on importing a version of an API but that hasn't been implemented so far. First of all, I haven't found an example where different version ranges are used and I feel very uncomfortable with the whole idea. At first, it seems like a great idea to be able to let the container find dependencies based on imports but the actual implementation means your runtime classpath can change at any time - something I really don't like.

So what you get in your POMs is a best effort but you should look at the resulting POMs to check whether the mapping is correct. I should also report missing dependencies and fragments in the final report but I don't know when I'll have time to implement this.

I suggest to give the latest mt4e a try. It should work for all important cases. If you find something that doesn't work, let me know (or, even better, fix it yourself and send me a patch :-)

Regards,

http://www.pdark.de/                   http://blog.pdark.de/

Back to the top