[dash-dev] Use extraPackaging.properties to make zipping features simpler with Athena (was Re: I did it ;-))

Very cool, I'll have to look at this tomorrow. Can you attach it to a bug so we have proper IP for your contribution?

As to disabling the default sdk/runtime/examples, remove the "buildZips" task from the build.steps property in build.properties.

The tests zip is created from the buildTests task. If you have a better way to package that, we can look at replacing the default packaging w/ you new solution. However, we'd also have to change how the tests task runs if its input changes.

Eike Stepper wrote:
Hi Nick,

Now I can build my zips by just placing an extraPackaging.properties
file inside the features, like this:

    feature.id = org.eclipse.net4j.db
    zip.prefix = emf-net4j-db

I attached my buildExtra script and the needed Ant type implementation
"FeatureFileSet". The jar of this class should be placed in
/org.eclipse.dash.common.releng/lib and the typedef should also be
somewhere in Athena.

Now, building zips is fun:
https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Modeling/job/cbi-emf-net4j-cdo-3.0/50/artifact/build/N200908010808

Is there a way to prevent the base builder from creating the specific
SDK, runtime, Automated-Tests and examples zips?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

--
Nick Boldt :: http://nick.divbyzero.com
Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena

Back to the top