Re: [dash-dev] Getting started with CBI

Note that this is different from running package.xml to repackage builds.

During a normal build, bundles are assembled into the archives in 2 stages, first the bundles that were compiled (assemble), then binary bundles coming from the target (package).
It is this second step that is turned on by setting "runPackager=true".  Without it, the final archive will only ever contain the bundlest that were compiled.

-Andrew

Nick Boldt <nickboldt@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dash-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/10/2008 11:42 PM

Please respond to
Tools for Committer Community <dash-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Tools for Committer Community <dash-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [dash-dev] Getting started with CBI

> I also had to put buildExtra.xml and a build.properties with a couple
> of prperties in my releng project (I copied parts for the gef
> example).

Naturally, that's how you tell the common builder what to build. It's
not a full .releng project, like the old form we had in Modeling -- it's
MUCH simpler. But instructions (.xml), settings (.properties) and source
locations (.map) are still required.
> It looks like I'm missing some more, and I can't set any of the java
> paths (I'm at the point where I can't compilebecause the boot
> classpaths appear to be wrong).
> Where should I be overriding variables like JAVA14_HOME ?

You can override via commandline (see examples when you run start.sh
w/o options), but you may also need to change things in the
server.propeerties file. This implementation is still a bit kludgy and
open to suggested improvements.
> Also, adding runPackager=true caused the build to fail looking for
> some prePackage targets.

Not supported yet, but I certainly want this. Manually repacking zips is
a PITA when PDE Packager exists to fullfil this automagically based on
features. Can you open a bug to track this? Patches welcome, too.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Dash&component=Common+Builder

Thanks!

--
Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:Nickb
Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash CBI