Re: [dash-dev] Getting started with CBI

Try this for setup.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.dash/athena/org.eclipse.dash.commonbuilder/org.eclipse.dash.commonbuilder.releng/setup/localhost.setup.sh?root=Technology_Project&view=markup

Then run start.sh.

It's been argued these should be merged into one script, but really I'd rather see an ant task do all the work of setup & startup, so eventually these will be separate tasks in a single build.xml.

Nick

Paul Webster wrote:
Hi, I've been working through the example from the
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Build_Workshop_3:_Build_Hard_With_A_Purpose/Report
start.sh script, but obviously I need to do more setup.

To get an example working, I'd like to run the GEF example:

./start.sh -projectid tools.gef -version 3.4.0 -projRelengRoot
':pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/technology'
-projRelengPath
'org.eclipse.dash/athena/org.eclipse.dash.commonbuilder/org.eclipse.gef.releng'
-basebuilderBranch RC2_34 -javaHome /opt/local/IBMJava2-142 -URL
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4-200806172000/eclipse-SDK-3.4-linux-gtk.tar.gz
  2>&1 | tee /tmp/buildlog_`date +%H%M%S`.txt

I started by checking out org.eclipse.dash.commonbuilder.releng into
/opt/public/cbi on my local machine, but that wasn't enough ... it
looked like the script was searching for information in
/opt/public/cbi/build/org.eclipse.dash.common.releng/tools/scripts/readProperty.sh
amongst other places.

What is a good starting place to check out the commonbuilder.releng
project?  Should I be creating a soft link to rename it to
org.eclipse.dash.common.releng, or is that a different project?

I'm investigating to see if we can use part of the CBI for our e4 work.

Later,
Paul

--
Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:Nickb
Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash CBI

Back to the top