[dash-dev] RE: Dash.commonbuilder - documentation, tracking progress, and how to be a guinea pig

Hi Nick,

Eventually I'd like separate CBI builds for
  (a) RSE, consuming Platform/CDT/EMF as prerequisites,
      with a CVS Repository
  (b) TCF, consuming Platform/CDT/RSE/DD-DSF as prerequisites,
      with an SVN Repository.

Current status for (a) is that I have a "home-grown" builder,
and created a new tm.releng project based on the Modeling build,
which kinda succeeded but not quite completely - missing pieces
include
  - automated running of tests
  - promote script
  - signing of single feature jar instead of separate ZIPs
Some of the specialities of the RSE build include
  - relatively many ZIP packages to produce, I never got
    around understanding the Packager
  - dstore server runtime to produce separate from SDK

Current status for (b) is that no automated builds at all
exist for TCF yet, and no unittests exist either. A single
downloadable SDK package would be a nice start, separating
into thre SDK ZIPs later:
  - Core,
  - RSE-integration,
  - DD-DSF-integration.

I guess it'll make sense to create 2 separate bugs for the
RSE build and TCF build respectively since they are on CVS
and SVN respectively. I'm watching the channels you mentioned.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm