The 2020-12 EPPs for CPP and Embed CPP have a serious problem in Dark Mode that is now resolved. The dialogs were being rendered as black text on a black background. See Bug 569790
for more details. In addition to those EPPs, it can also affect users installing Trace Compass into other versions.
As I have had this report come in via numerous channels I thought I could send this out widely so if you see something similar you can point people in the right direction.
This can be resolved by either updating the Trace Compass Plug-ins in the install or removing the Trace Compass plug-ins if not used. To update the plug-ins do this:
- From Window menu -> choose Preferences
- navigate to Install/Update -> Available Software Sites
- Press Add...
- Name Tracecompass updates and Location https://download.eclipse.org/tracecompass/stable/repository/
- Press Add
- Press Apply and Close
- From Help menu -> Check for Updates and finish the wizard.
- After restarting the Dark Mode will be fixed.
Thanks and sorry for not catching this before the release.