[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] Oxygen.1 and JDK9
- From: Carsten Reckord <reckord@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:42:15 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US, de-DE
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AQHTODGlF+FPEIWcXU2ShLK2LK9yDKLJ0oGAgAACfYCAAAMhgIAACgqAgAAMvoCAAAg+gIAAI5ow
- Thread-topic: [cross-project-issues-dev] Oxygen.1 and JDK9
> I would use the second way which is described in more detail. If you use the
> first way, make sure that you select "Update my installation...".
This looks like another issue with the update-but-not-quite-update scenario of the Java 9 entry. It isn't supposed to jump back from the feature selection page to the main list like that. I'll look into getting this fixed with the MPC Oxygen.1a update.
Until then, might I suggest instructing your users to directly use the Marketplace Client to find and install the Java 9 entry instead of using drag&drop? I know it's not quite as user-friendly to have to look up the entry again elsewhere, but you won't have to go through the ""One solution selected", deselect, re-select dance...