[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] Central Checksum service going away
- From: "Konstantin Komissarchik" <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 11:10:50 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AdBakx73fhQl4V6GT/+A5b42U6lNMQAANl4w
This service is used by automated build systems. It cannot be retired
without severe adverse consequence.
[mailto:cross-project-issues-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Denis Roy
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 11:02 AM
Subject: [cross-project-issues-dev] Central Checksum service going away
Years ago I enabled a centralized checksum service and attached it to the
downloads/mirror page, as seen here:
The system is flawed in two ways:
- artifacts that change will have invalid checksums
- on occasion, a checksum is computed too early while a file is in transit,
leading to invalid sums
Since the value provided by a central service is likely very low, and I lack
the cycles to make something more robust, I'm deprecating the service.
Please see https://bugs.eclipse.org/460490
Once retired, "sums.php" will return an empty response.
cross-project-issues-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from
this list, visit