In case you heard the rumors (and if you
didn't, where have you been? :) we did "rebuild" the Eclipse
Platform, Sim. Release Repo, and EPP Packages .
I think the bug was "re-spin worthy"
not only due to the "surface" reasons (blurry fonts on Mac Retina
displays) but also because the root cause of that issue was a "configuration
IU" which a) was wrong and b) could have unpredictable effects in
various update scenarios or "product building" -- in other words,
we don't really know why it effects "platform runtime binaries"
and not other distributions -- and c) is either impossible or very difficult
to fix "after the fact" so best to not to have in the repository
to begin with. Also, I think it a fairly safe fix since it is a "repository
issue" and doesn't change "running code" in the usual sense
of the word,
We have completed the rebuilds and sanity
checking and are in the process of re-promoting. While we won't have as
many mirrors populated as we'd like, at this time we think there will be
enough to "make visible" at the originally scheduled time. (I'll
announce here to this list, if that changes).
Special thanks not only to Markus Knauer
for rebuilding and sanity checking the EPP packages, but also Markus Keller
for re-testing the Platform on the Mac, and to Gunnar Wagenknecht for bringing
the issue to our attention.