The Eclipse top-level project is very proud
to announce official support for Java™
8. Starting with I20140318-0830
all Luna (4.4) builds contain the Eclipse support for Java™
8. For Kepler SR2 (4.3.2) a feature
patch is available. For future
builds visit our downloads
8 support contains the following:
- Eclipse compiler implements all the
8 language enhancements.
- Significant features, like Search
and Refactoring, have been updated to support Java™
- Quick Assist and Clean Up to migrate
anonymous class creations to lambda expressions and back.
- New formatter options for lambdas.
Note that PDE API Tools has not yet
adopted the new language constructs. This will be completed in the final