[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[cross-project-issues-dev] Do not install Sirius 0.9 from the Luna M3 repository
- From: Pierre-Charles David <pierre-charles.david@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:35:25 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.1.0
A major bug is present in the version of Sirius bundled in Luna M3. It
was detected at the last minute by David Williams (thanks David), but
our fix arrived too late to be included for the M3 release.
The bug is that installing Sirius 0.9 from the Luna M3 repository appear
to work but the resulting Eclipse will refuse to start, hanging on the
splash screen (an infinite loop is triggered in the dependency
resolution code; see bugs #421801, #421706 and #421765 for the details).
The bug is now fixed in Sirius and the versions available from both our
update-site  and the Luna staging repo  are safe to install. To be
- Sirius versions up to and including 0.9.0.201311130903 (the version in
M3) contain the bug;
- Sirius versions starting from 0.9.0.201311151109 are fine.
Note that the bug only appear on Luna; Kepler and earlier releases used
a different dependency resolution algorithm which did not trigger the bug.
Apart from Sirius itself, the bug only impacts Ecore Tools 2.0, but this
prevented the Modeling package to be published for M3.
We apologize for the inconvenience and will take steps to ensure this
kind of issue does not occur in the future.
Pierre-Charles David (Sirius co-lead)