Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] Wait ... don't release yet!

2013/2/22 Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx>
2013/2/22 David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
I'm obviously a little late with my "Wait" message, but given the "data damaging" bug reported by EGit, We need to think this through and come up with an alternative plan.

All those plans would involve not releasing today.

I'll call for an "Emergency meeting" of the Planning Council today at 1:00 PM Eastern to discuss possible approaches, solutions, and actions required.

Off hand, a complete respin cycle would take at least a week, maybe two, but there might be ways to simply remove EGit, putting it back at its SR1 level, producing that better known quantity, and letting EGit follow their own release schedule, as they have been.

Sorry for the late "Wait" notice. 

SR1 is EGit 2.1 

EGit candidates we could include:
2.3.1 which contains the bugfix for the data damaging bug
2.2.0 released in Dec 
2.1.0 released with Juno SR1 

I am on standby to update the EGit contribution to whatever version you decide on.

I have prepared a commit to update the EGit SR2 contribution to 2.3.1, b3 validation looks fine.

It contains the following fixes on top of 2.3.0:

- JGit Fixes: Bug: 401249 (that's fixing the data damaging bug), Bug: 400818 (minor fix for handling of ChangeIds in staging view)
- EGit Fixes: Bug: 400662 (minor fix to fix rendering of commit message editor on Windows)

If planning council decides for a respin I am ready to push this change.


Back to the top