Now that I've completed my own "final
prep", thought I'd remind everyone else.
There will be no "final confirmation
that its ok to release" on Friday. The general rule is that you should
check this cross project list for a "Wait ... don't release yet"
message, but if you do not see one by 9 AM Friday, feel free to assume
that all is ok and make your sites visible, etc. But once the EPP downloads
and common repo are made visible (around 9 or 10 on Friday), I'll drop
a short note here.
Here are some "final steps"
that come to mind (though each project may have others):
Make download sites and p2 repos available
at final locations so they can be mirroring, but leave "invisible"
or "disconnected", so they can not be downloaded early and swamp
eclipse.org, before its time. It takes at least overnight to have enough
mirrors not to impact eclipse.org, and 2 or 3 nights for a large number
of mirrors -- all the more necessary for high-demand projects with lots
of large artifacts.
This week or next, update your b3aggrcon
files with your "final location" so the Juno aggregator could
in theory be ran again. We don't plan to, but, you never know. (And, don't
forget to update Kepler, if you are using the same input for that.)
Clean up intermediate builds or old
releases (move them to archives) to free up space on mirrors, mostly, but
doesn't hurt to free up space on eclipse.org.
Don't forget to update "info center
docs" if any of you have new docs or doc fixes for Juno SR2. You could
open a new bug on infrastructure, or re-open the one used for original
Juno Info Center.
Get ready for a relaxing weekend basking
in the knowledge "we did it again!". :)
As always, please feel free to ask questions
or raise issues here if anyone is having any here during these final days.
I hope everyone's final testing is going
(or, went) well.