> Perhaps you could just send a quick heads up before
the next build just in case things work out.
Well ... heads up ... it started 20
minutes ago :) ... I'd say if you get something in next hour or two you
are confident in, we'll all be sympathetic.
But ... caution is the current priority.
Miles Parker <milesparker@xxxxxxxxx>
Cross project issues
06/01/2011 07:29 PM
Indigo RC3 +3 day; Status and Outlook:
a long day? ...
Congrats to EGit -- I snuck in a bump to 0.9.0 earlier
on top of other packaging related changes -- everything is last minute
now I guess. We don't have any reason to need to make this build except
a desire to conform. :) Point taken about the nightly, and I just remembered
that it isn't signed anyway. Perhaps you could just send a quick heads
up before the next build just in case things work out.
On Jun 1, 2011, at 4:14 PM, David M Williams wrote:
We will be another aggregation build
.. a few failures, plus EGit is sneaking in their change to "1.0"
:) ... so mostly up to you. But a "nightly" doesn't sound like
an "RC" so I advice you wait and figure out what's going on and
contribute for RC4 ... unless there is any blocking or critical reason
you need your RC3?
For some reason I can't fathom, my nightly build is succeeding, but my
integration build is failing. And now I'm getting the heinous sounding
git error below. These are the kind of messages from the universe telling
you that it's time to call it a day. So.. I've got what looks like a perfectly
good nightly build and I'm tempted to use it. But as it is looking like
the aggregator build is about to finish, I'm also thinking that I should
let David go home. David, if you think a respin is in order I'll commit
a change amp.aggr to use my nightly repos, but otherwise I'll catch up
On Jun 1, 2011, at 1:27 PM, David M Williams wrote:
... is about to begin?
I hope not!
It has been a long time since we've had a green build. Yesterday noonish.
I think the big flood of "catch up" contributions are over ...
let us know if not ... but, the latest build still failed with several
"could not find artifact ... " errors. These are sometimes due
to timing issues ... where someone updates their site or data while an
aggregation build is running ... so maybe this next one (already
running) will do better?
But in case not, here's the plan: If you contribute something new, to fix
an aggregation build problem, let me know (on this list, or IM, or email)
and I can stop current build, and restart another. (And, please, no new
"bug fix" builds ... we need to stabilize, even if you were down
a day or two for your normal bug fix days ... please only change anything
if you need to change something to fix the aggregation build). If your
project's contribution breaks a build, and I don't hear anything after
a reasonable period of time ... like about 5 or 10 minutes! .... I'll (temporarily)
disable the failing contribution and try again ... just in an effort to
get as much "green" as possible. We can re-add once we stabilize.