|Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] Status and outlook for Indigo RC3|
Hi,following your (long) instructions, i can say that Acceleo, EMF Compare and EEF will be late for RC3 +2.
we will do our best tomorrow morning ( European time, early RC3 + 3 for US ) to provide our last bits.
thanks for clarifying, Le 31/05/2011 17:28, David M Williams a écrit :
I was going to wait to comment later in the day ... to see if servers recover fairly well by the end of today ... but ... given Laurent's note, and others questions I'm getting via IM ... thought I should clarify some now. First, we should strive to never have unsigned bundles as part of any of our repositories at any time ... that is, at least, any repository that's "declared" for anyone to install, even during development. If you do, then a) there is still some security risk (the reason we sign in the first place), and b) then the next time you provide an update, you need to make sure all your qualifiers increase ... or, your newly signed bundles will not be picked up by some users or adopters that rely on the version changing to signify a change in content (which, is the reason for all the versioning rules and 4 part version number requirement in the first place) ... and "signed or not signed" is a change in content. So, usually best to "go with old stuff" until you can sign again. In addition ... what everyone is waiting to hear about ... at this point, I still think our RC3 end dates are achievable. Obviously many will be "late" (past their +N day) and I might have to stay up later than usual on Wednesday night :) but I do think it is possible to "make the date" and following our "heck or high water" process, that is our current plan. Of course, some projects may decide just to go with their RC2 results as their contribution towards Indigo RC3, and roll-forward their RC3 contribution into their RC4 contribution next week, but that's up to each project. At this point, I'd like to follow the usual rules: if you contribute past your +N day, just let everyone know here on this list after you have contributed; and, by Wednesday afternoon, if your contribution is/will be past "EOD" (5 PM Eastern) to let us know, here on this list, that you'd like a respin to pick up your "late" contribution. We will all be plenty sympathetic. If you just stay with your RC2 content for RC3 I don't think you need to notify everyone here, but that's up to you ... in some cases (such as if you are low in the food chain) it might be better to do so. Naturally, we'll adapt and adjust plans as we observe more about how the servers, etc., recover, but my guess is we will recover enough to have a useful RC3. This will (or, has) pushed out more risk to RC4 than we'd like ... more than usual ... but, that's how we do it. And ... rest assured ... we've done it before ... that is, we've had catastrophic failures in previous years during "the end game" and still shipped on time. In fact, I think it was just two years ago, we had "complete disk failure" and even had to wait for a replacement to arrive!? But, I can't help close on a whimsical observation ... we committers first sucked up all the bandwidth ... that problem was solved ... then we sucked up all the disk space ... that problem was solved ... and now we've moved on to consuming power supplies! We sure keep our webmasters busy! :) Much thanks for them to working tirelessly to help us recover and keep on track. And, thanks to all you committers and "release engineers" for working through these difficult, last minute problems. I know its stressful. As always, keep the questions coming, let us know how its going ... and I'll do the same. Thanks, From: Laurent Goubet <laurent.goubet@xxxxxxx> To: Cross project issues <cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> Date: 05/31/2011 09:55 AM Subject: [cross-project-issues-dev] server status and the RC3 build Sent by: cross-project-issues-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi, With the current issues on the server, what is expected from the different teams as regards to the RC3 builds? Should we build our bits "as we can" (disabling signing is part of it) and promote an unsigned "RC3" build to the Indigo aggregator? Should we skip the RC3 build and hope that we'll be able to build in time for next week's RC4? When I try to build EMF Compare, I simply get a cryptic Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of hudson/remoting/RemoteClassLoader): attempted duplicate class definition for name: "hudson/model/Result (see https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Modeling/job/emf-compare-1.2.0/79/console) Is this part of the potential issues we can expect with the current server problems? Laurent Goubet Obeo [attachment "laurent_goubet.vcf" deleted by David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM] _______________________________________________ cross-project-issues-dev mailing list cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cross-project-issues-dev _______________________________________________ cross-project-issues-dev mailing list cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cross-project-issues-dev
begin:vcard fn;quoted-printable:St=C3=A9phane Bouchet n;quoted-printable:Bouchet;St=C3=A9phane org:Obeo adr;quoted-printable:BP 20773;;7 Boulevard Amp=C3=A8re;CARQUEFOU;;44481;France email;internet:stephane.bouchet@xxxxxxx tel;work:02-51-13-61-67 x-mozilla-html:FALSE url:http://www.obeo.fr version:2.1 end:vcard
Back to the top