[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] Notes from a Heretic: Why do we have the Ganymede update site?
- From: Nick Boldt <codeslave@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:54:11 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:sender; b=O5hCCXYp3tBePfYK3ziAF0Qb6TeKoknxu0VAGKuxbYYJ4r41190XNQNgPDkYfoI61esfoqfayUPlx5HuWj1UjBafyu4WlvMmqciY3WCVE+QgQTY3srXEgJbZN9/pT9Z9IZJCfvKqf1AyOi424fyqL1XOc2PBBwxw/DdRWsl6cw0=
- User-agent: Mozilla-Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20071113)
- Users need representation of what they want (something that fits to
the userRight, like "Models and Model Development", or "Programming Languages",
or "Collaboration Tools" or "Communications"  ...
Isn't that what the "Enabling Features" category is for? Things you
might need, but that you're unlikely to personally ask for.
- And features themselves should have a "tag" if they are user
features or automatically installable features.
You order the fish & chips, they bring you ketchup (US, Canada) or
vinegar (Canada) w/o you asking for it. Or you order the wings and you
get extra napkins automatically.
If Ganymede isn't already solving this issue w/ the categories we have,
is it time to re-open last year's discussion [1, 2] on this topic?
(EclipseCON'07's Planning Council F2F meeting)
 https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=168885 (Request
additional Categories for the Europa Update Site)
(I notice that despite it being shot down last year for being too vague,
"Other Tools" has come back  as a place for Buckminster and UDC.)