|Successes [RE: [cross-project-issues-dev] Notes and screenshots of install problems]|
After several days of failures (and subsequent whining), I thought I should share some success.
Inside our firewall (Sri succeeded outside; we hadn’t seen an “inside success”) I tried Eclipse Tools on my Windows box using the OSU mirror… success. Yeehaw.
Giddy with that first success, I tried TPTP (minus the server stuff, but with BIRT to resolve other needs) on my Windows box while going for everything on my Linux box (greedy, aren’t I?). Failures on both accounts. (I should mention that the Linux “CoreExceptions” ARE gone.) I tried just BIRT on Windows on box while trying to duplicate the Eclipse Tools success on Linux… Windows failed on BIRT, but Linux succeeded on Eclipse Tools.
I tried Eclipse Technology (GMF) on Windows, and was successful there as well (no problems that Doug or Pascal saw… not sure if Doug’s “touch” was the key or not), so I’m trying to duplicate the experience on Linux.
It’s just so good to actually see more successes than failures that I thought I’d share. Looks like the “mirror hypothesis” was correct… it just takes time for the bits to make it to the various corners of our world. J
Thanks to those who’ve worked hard to get this all pulled together!
[mailto:cross-project-issues-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Just to add to the mayhem, I think I’m seeing two separate problems.
It looks like OSU missed a file. I’ll try a touch on it and see if it kicks a resync there.
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com
Back to the top