|[cosmos-dev] COSMOS Architecture questions...|
Hubert / All,
I am trying to capture your Architecture updates in the attached two slide PPT. I need this for the documentation ERs as well… In slide 1, I am trying to capture the COSMOS 1.0, i.e. current state…. Some questions:
1. Since the Domain / Broker are now merged, how should we represent this?
2. Should we call the Broker a “Data Broker”?
3. What do we do in regards to the WSDM EPR’s? Obviously, they need to go for now; do we need to replace them with something? I assume this depends on Hubert’s changes.
4. Do you still agree with the Data Adapter & Data Manager split? The Data Manager is the COSMOS “bridge” component; whereas the Data Adapter is the component that houses the product-specific business rules that apply to the data. The idea is to convey that the Data Manager does not communicate to a product store directly…
Don / Mark / All,
Through some of the early adopter discussion, the topic of our future state Architecture came up… In slide 2, I am trying to capture the post COSMOS 1.0, i.e. future state…. Some questions:
1. Please confirm that the Domain will return.
2. Will we support multiple instances of a given type of Broker?
3. Will we support different types of Brokers?
4. Will WSDM return? If so, will we address EACH Broker via its own EPR?
Please correct / update as appropriate, as this is purely my own SWAG at what things could look like in future.
P.S. Please note that several of my documentation ER’s require these answers…
Back to the top