Re: [cosmos-dev] Fw: Approval request for bugs 220016 and 219908

Hubert,

As I recall, 220016 is a stop ship. My understanding is that we will need to respin once this is complete.

-mw

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

[cosmos-dev] Fw: Approval request for bugs 220016 and 219908

Hubert H Leung to: cosmos-dev
02/25/08 12:08 PM

Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Resending...  I had the wrong email address when I sent it last Friday.

For bug 220016, lastest tests find that the fix is still not complete.  So this bug is still pending for a solution.

For Bug 219908, the fix is ready, but it is not a stopship bug as agreed last Friday.  But it's a low risk fix to get in the build if there will be a re-spin.

Thanks,
_________________________
Hubert Leung
IBM Toronto Lab
hkyleung@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3382

----- Forwarded by Hubert H Leung/Toronto/IBM on 02/25/2008 12:02 PM -----
Hubert H Leung/Toronto/IBM

02/22/2008 06:08 PM

cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Approval request for bugs 220016 and 219908

There are solutions for bugs  220016 and 219908 now.  I'm not sure if it's too late to get them in the build.

Bug 220016:  (Blocker)

The test federating CMDB is missing two jar files:

org.eclipse.cosmos.dc.mdr.client

org.eclipse.cosmos.dc.dataManager.client

The change is required in the build script.  Without these jar files, the federating CMDB won't work.

Bug 219908:  (NPE when there is spaces in the path to the sml repository)

The recordId is an URI, and it has the value of the directory path.  But URI does not allow spaces.  The solution is to change class
CMDBfServicesUtil  to replace the space with %20 when creating a URI.  This class already has the logic to turn "%20" to a space in the toString method (the reverse operation).

Note that simply encoding and decoding the space character is not sufficient.  There is a standard algorithm for encoding characters in URL/URI.  The proposal is to have this fix for i9, and open another bug for i10 to take of URI encoding in a better way.

Are we planning to have another build on Monday?  Instead of requesting a rebuild for each new bug fix, we should wait for Monday to get the next batch of bug fixes in.