[cosmos-dev] New Cosmosui - One of these Days

HI,

I created a new environment with the latest CVS that includes all of the i9 changes.  ( I got my workspace down to 7 errors, which do not look significant to me)

There are quite a few things that you have to do, just to get your list of MDRs up (Thats in addition to the instructions we already have to build the i9 dev env).  After that, to cut to the chase, not beating around the bush, to cut a long story short : NOTHING WORKS!  J

1.       When I right click on Example MDR, I get 3 options, Submit Query, Register Configuration Items, Deregister Configuration Items

2.       I click on Submit Query and nothing happens.  I do see in firebug a POST to the outputter QueryBuilderServiceMetaData and thats it

3.       I once again click on the submit query from the popup menu

4.       I notice that the POST from the previous step says it took 1875ms, I guess it was doing something until I clicked on something again

5.       I then see in firebug a GET on Dialog.html, with a TypeError : this.dialogBox has no properties, which basically means the Dialog Box is not there.

6.       I then selected the registration option on the menu

7.       Bizarrely,  The Submit Query Dialog appears

8.       I decide to enter a cmdbfQuery and press submit

9.       The CMDBf query outputter gets executed

10.   A leaf is added to the ExampleMDR in the nav tree of MDRs

11.   A TypeError is shown in the firebug console: this.progressDialog has no properties

12.   In the meantime my Firefox looks like its waiting for a response, it is as if it thinks that there is a dialog box being displayed, and it is waiting for some action

13.   I left-click on the CMDBf Query leaf, and nothing happens, I think that it thinks a dialog is there, but it isn’t, I d=say that, because you see no change in the firebug console

14.   I randomly choose the menu options after that, and sometimes I get a message dialog that is titled “Register MDR Configuration Items, and it just has a Cancel button on it.

15.   If I start from scratch again, and then first select the Register option I get a dialog up: Register MDR Configuration Items.  It shows in a listbox, the Example MDR and The SML  MDR

16.   I highlight the Example MDR

17.   All that happens is that the title text box changes to Registration results: but everything else is the same.

18.   Looking at firebug at this stage you get 500 internal error on  a POS to the StatusResponseOutputter

19.   It is a NoClassDefFound on FederatingCMDBClient, my workspace shows no errors on that project that contains this class, so that needs further investigation as to why it cant find it.

20.   What I have found is that it seems to have a buffer of dialogs that are not being displayed, and every now an then you get a dialog displayed in the wrong sequence.

Martin Simmonds

Back to the top