Re: [cosmos-dev] COSMOS is not in compliance as an incubating project

Hello Hubert,

Thanks for taking care of that so quickly! COSMOS is now in compliance.

Anne Jacko
Development Process Operations Support
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
503-784-3788

On Mar 19, 2007, at 7:57 AM, Hubert H Leung wrote:

Hi Anne,

I have added the incubation graphics on the COSMOS download page. (http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/downloads/)

Regards,
_________________________
Hubert Leung
IBM Toronto Lab
hkyleung@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3382

Anne Jacko <emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/19/2007 10:33 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Toni Drapkin <tdrapkin@xxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] COSMOS is not in compliance as an incubating project

Hello COSMOS developers,

I have some bad news, and some good news. The bad news is that COSMOS is not currently in compliance with the requirements for incubating projects, and therefore cannot currently make use of the Parallel IP Process. The good news is that the error is minor and easy to fix.

As you know, the new Eclipse Parallel IP process allows incubating projects more flexibility while they are in the Incubation Phase. To qualify for this process, both the project's home page and the project's download page must display the incubation graphic. The COSMOS project home page (http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/ ) has the graphic, but it's not there on the the download page (http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/downloads/).

Once you've fixed the download page, just let me know and I will update COSMOS's conformance status in the Foundation database. Thanks, and please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in some way.

Here's some links that might be useful:

Description of the requirements for the incubation graphic: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/project-status-infrastructure-page3.php

Mike's blog about the Parallel IP Process: http://milinkovich.blogspot.com/2007/01/parallel-ip-approvals-for-incubating.html

IP Policy document: http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/Eclipse_IP_Policy.pdf