Re: [cosmos-dev] Nodes Report

I (Sheldon ;-) followed Craig's mockup ad litteram, anyway that data will come from SML files through the data access API so we can also tweak it later.

Once I get CVS access I will commit this demo project and then Sheldon can start to refine it.

Thanks !

Marius Slavescu
IBM Toronto Laboratory, Canada
Phone: 905-413-3610

Mark D Weitzel <weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/19/2007 02:47 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] Nodes Report

Sheldon,

First of all.... GREAT start on the reports!

When I was looking at the nodes report, the description of Machine 1 & Machine 2 read "Web Host w/Windows", "Web Host w/Linux".

I'd like to focus the decsription on the actual machine, e.g. maybe an ID or serial num or what kind of machine.  The text that's in there now indicates more of a relationship.  That is, Machine 1 has windows installed which also has some kind of web server installed.  I think this will get confusing when we start talking about navigating into the children (nodes).

This code might work...

public
class NodesListFactory {

public Node[] createNodesList(String topologyId){

if(topologyId.equals("Production"))
           {

       Node[] nodeInst =
new Node[2];

       nodeInst[0] =
new Node("Machine 1", "IBM ThinkCentre 300 SN1234", "Properties");
       nodeInst[1] =
new Node("Machine 2", "IBM ThinkCentre 300 SN4567", "Properties");

return nodeInst;
           }

else
           {