[config-dev] CDI Integration

I just joined the list and so don't have the current message thread to respond to, so this message is in response to some of the "Proposal for CDI Integration" messages.

I do believe that use of the @Named annotation would be problematic as the CDI spec does call out that its use at injection points is not recommended.

As far as I can see, a ConfigRoot annotation still has to apply the Jakarta Injection Qualifier annotation, and so has a dependency on that api.

Beyond that api dependencies, any behavior around CDI integration would need to be validated via a config TCK. To address the dependency issues I would suggest that there be two projects in config:
- config-core : base CDI independent api and spec
- config-cdi : annotations, spec and TCK for CDI integration behavior

Back to the top