Re: [chemclipse-dev] Can OpenChrom analyze Bruke BioTyper data?

Hi Matthias,

I apologize for infesting this mail-list.  But, there is no more suitable place to discuss OpenChrom. The Google Group of OpenChom is nearly wild. My background is not mass spectrometry. I never touch with mass spectrometers and handle MS data before.  I ran into OpenChrom because there's a chance that my classmate asked me to help him developing a software for his home-built in-situ electron impact ion source time-of-flight mass spectrometer. OpenChrom is a feature-rich and good look-and-feel chromatogram data process sofware. Thanks to Philip's and you in this mail-list.
So, when my friend came to me for my assistance to handle the MALDI-TOF-MS data. I recommended OpenChrom to him right away. To be honest, OpenChrom is too rich featured to be mastered by new users.

Anyway, I have learned a new type of MS. I should go to search and read some references of MALDI-TOF.

Best regards,

Trig

Sorry, if this was a bit rude. Just a bit stressed out and busy at the
moment.

I will try to speed up publishing some kind of pre-configured OpenTyper
client and publish a step by step tutorial at https://spectrometrylab.w
ordpress.com/ soon to explain some basic workflows. You should be able
to open both BioTyper/Compass/flexanalysis (whatever they named it back
then or now) version 3 and 4 .fid files and they all should get a
proper label. If not, I can have a look at some example files and maybe
improve the importer.

Please note that https://marketplace.openchrom.net/plugin/Bruker+Flex+M
SD+Import+Converter+%28fid%29
is closed source at the moment. The
decision on whether to grant you access to it, is up to Philip and the
rest of the Lablicate crew. I am just a thirdparty contributor
scratching my own itch as I need better software to help with my own
studies https://www.researchgate.net/project/Typisierung-praesumtiver-B
acillus-cereus-mit-MALDI-TOF-MS

Best regards,

        Matthias