Re: [chemclipse-dev] Which data model can store the raw data from TOF mass spectrometer?

Hi Trig,

the easiest way would be if we change milliseconds to nanoseconds internally. Honestly, I have designed the scan model to be able to cover a wide range of possibilities. I even thought that milliseconds for retention time is a bit exaggerated. I never thought that it could go far beyond that :-).

The max possible retention time range for chromatograms stored in nanoseconds would be:

2^32 / 2 / 60000000 ~ 35.7 hours

That should be sufficient in any case. I don't think that one likes to evaluate a chromatogram of such a long recording ... despite of the fact that it will be hard to import Terabytes of data.

Let me think about a way how to refactor the code.

Any other thoughts?

Best,
Philip