Re: [che-dev] Happy Path tests on che repo.

Hey Radim,
Would you be interested in making a demo of that during the next community call ?

Sun Tan

Senior Software Engineer

Eclipse Che - CodeReady Workspaces @ Red Hat
Paris JUG leader

Red Hat Paris

sutan@xxxxxxxxxx
M: +33621024173

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 9:48 AM Radim Hopp <rhopp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
On today's che SoS meeting, there was a question about what exactly is PR check doing and who is responsible for analyzing failures.

What is PR check actually doing?
* The declarative pipeline is in my opinion quite readable, but I'll try to summarize it shortly:
- Downloads chectl
- Starts minikube
- Builds che from PR branch & pushes it to dockerhub
- Starts che using chectl
- Create workspace from testing devfile using chectl - link to devfile: https://github.com/eclipse/che/blob/master/e2e/files/happy-path/happy-path-workspace.yaml
-
 Starts Happy Path test - this is the specfile: https://github.com/eclipse/che/blob/master/e2e/tests/e2e_happy_path/HappyPath.spec.ts

Basically... Reading through the Jenkinsfile and HappyPath.spec.ts (both files should be quite readable) should give you good overview what is the PR check doing.

What to do, when tests fail?
First of all, try to run them again - unfortunatelly we haven't achieved 100% stability (even though we are pretty close, when there is no major problem like infrastructure outage or something like this)
If it fails again, please contact QE team on eclipse mattermost - room Eclipse Che QE (with @here or @all handle).

If you have any suggeestions for improvement, either respond to this e-mail, reach to us on mattermost/slack, or - even better - create an issue in che issue tracker and assign team/che-qe label to it.

Thanks!
Radim