Re: [che-dev] PRs review proposal

Hello Roman,
The proposition and the spirit are good, but i have some remarks:

The devfile you are proposing is replacing the che-theia editor by one that you have built yourself. This is good but I cannot trust it: what if you forgot to push few files or didn't get the right branch ? This is something that a CI could provide for instance our happy path test that would try the PR would at some point produce these artifacts/images. Anyone trusts the CI.

This is also not in the devfile spirit, you should share the original devfile that you are using for developing but change the branch you are using. If it doesn't work, it means that maybe we are missing something and have to improve Che-theia to provide the best review experience. Very soon with Github PR extension, we would even be able to make comments from Che-Theia and amend the PR from someone else, etc ...

Sun Tan

Senior Software Engineer

Eclipse Che - CodeReady Workspaces @ Red Hat
Paris JUG leader