Re: [cf-dev] Handle REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE

Hi,

  I create a PR about that you can have a look at : https://github.com/eclipse/californium/pull/1357
  And give us feedback.

Simon

Le 24/06/2020 à 12:13, Magnus Andersson a écrit :
Hello,

I have a question about block wise transfer in californium. We are running leshan 1.0.0-M8 which is using the californium-core-2.0.0.M1.

We have PREFERRED_BLOCK_SIZE=512.

We have a case where a device responds to POST request with REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE. The device only handles 256 bytes, which it responds with (device using wakamaa stack).

The REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE response is received by leshan and it boils up to the calling function.

Is there any functionality in californium that automatically handles response REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE and starts a new blockwise transfer using the preferred block-size received from device side? (I could not find anything in the code)

If not, how could we handle such a response? Can we from leshan side set the block size for a specific session using the response received from device.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Magnus AnderssoN