Re: [cdt-dev] CDT's New and Noteworthy pages

> On 3 Oct 2022, at 04:03, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
>
> I have migrated CDT's New and Noteworthy page off of the Wiki and into GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/eclipse-cdt/cdt/blob/main/NewAndNoteworthy/README.md

Two small observations:

- for documentation (especially when the pages may have some traffic), GitHub recommends to avoid public URLs to internal repo files (like .../blob/main/..., which are rendered by the Git repo web interface); instead they recommend to publish the pages in a separate Web server via GitHub Pages (or at the limit, using associated Wikis, but I generally avoid them)

- in GitHub, especially when the project has its own organization, it is usual to split the content between multiple projects; in this case I would analyse the advantages and disadvantages of having the NewAndNoteworthy pages in the same repo with the actual code

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top