Re: [cdt-dev] About Compile Makefile in CDT

Hi Hava,

All versions from GDB 6.6 onwards - we actively test GDB 8.0 onwards. More details in https://www.eclipse.org/lists/cdt-dev/msg35109.html

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com

On Thu, 3 Mar 2022 at 14:19, Hava Cenk <hvcenk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jonah,

Could you please tell me that which versions of GDB are supported by CDT 10.4.0 ?

Thanks!

Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 1 Mar 2022 Sal, 20:47 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
Hi Hava,

I recommend that you use the Docker container to build the native portions, that should ensure that you use the expected versions of the tools and get the expected results.  See the native section of the readme: https://git.eclipse.org/r/plugins/gitiles/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt#native and feel free to ask clarifying questions :-)

In case you can't use docker for whatever reason:

Option A: you can review the versions of the tools as used in the container by browsing the Dockerfiles in https://github.com/eclipse-cdt/cdt-infra/tree/master/docker
Option B: you may need to update the releng/scripts/reproducible_build_wrapper.py to limit the range - e.g. change line 68 to be % INT_MAX instead of % LONG_MAX

PS. Why do you need to rebuild the native portions? If you have modifications to the native code I, and the community, would really appreciate a code contribution with the changes so that we can all benefit from the improvements/customizations.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders