Actions from last meeting details
- John: Memory data init ordering issue (GDB Hardware Debug) (Action: John create bugzilla ticket and Cc Torbjörn) Carried forward as Action DONE
- Promod to ping Jonah if there are unanswered questions. DONE
- Ashling plans to return to Global Variable work later this month
- Release is on Dec 8, RC1 on Nov 22
- Open and resolved bugs are here
Merging org.eclipse.remote into CDT repo/releng
Long Path limitation
- Anton raised issues about long path and it causing issues.
- William points out that some of the tools underneath (like gcc) have limits that can be overridden.
- Torbjörn / ST have patches for GCC that are non-trivial for handling long paths, but still many limitations.
- Details of this conversation not captured here - refer to relevant bugs.
- In Windows 10 with with some APIs long paths are supported
- William wants to make sure that a global warning on long paths isn’t added because it would warn in situation that tools actually support it ok.
- William: The executables need to be “manifested” to support or not support long paths. Can be embedded in executable or added alongside as an XML
- Torbjörn: To fix this, we need all tools to support long paths or else users will have a failure in downstream tools (e.g. if gcc works, but gdb doesn’t you still have problems)
- Binutils Bugzilla 25713 has some regression with regards to long paths
- Action: Anton to raise specific bugs if there is anything on CDT side that can/should be done and notify cdt-dev so that interested parties can join the discussion.
- Kondal: using CMake at espressif. Problem accessing function definitions.
- Jonah: Encourage to ask on cdt-dev
- Torbjörn: Static analysis runs, leaves files around that need to be cleaned. How to hook in the clean?
- The files generated are a little like function profiling extra files
- William: Can adjust clean command for the builder, or edit makefilegenerator. e.g. add rm for *.ext rather than rm file.ext
- John: Can be done like .d file? Just not -include it?
- William: Renesas customizes the generator to add an extra variable added to clean command
- Short discussion on this, info captured in Bug 577189
December 8 at 11am (Ottawa, Canada time)