[cdt-dev] Eclipse CDT: “Attach to Application” doesn't show “Select Process” dialog

When launching an "Attach to Application" session I don't get any chance to choose a process to attach to. Instead Eclipse calls my Cygwin GDB which exits with an error "1 [main] gdb 1346 cygwin_exception::open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to gdb.exe.stackdump" right after the common welcome text of GDB.

Background: My project is compiling a DLL that is used by a third party application which I want to attach GDB to.
Problem occurs on Win10, Eclipse 2020-12, and also on Win7 Eclipse 2018-09.

Kind regards
Daniel R.

Back to the top