[cdt-dev] Different consoles behaviours?

Hi!

I got some reports from users of the latest Embedded CDT releases regarding a confusing behaviour related to consoles.

I don't know if this is specific to Embedded CDT or is also encountered in CDT, but I encountered it myself while working on the future project templates.

The confusion consists in the presence of two consoles:

- CDT Global Build Console
- CDT Build Console [blinky-rtos]

More specifically, the confusion consists in the second console not wrapping lines, while the fist does this (after configuring it in the Preferences -> C/C++ -> Build -> Console -> Wrap lines).

For large projects, with lots of include folders and other options, consoles not wrapping lines are quite difficult to read.

I did not investigate back in time, but it seems that this behaviour came with 2020-09.

Any ideas what is the reason for having two consoles, with different wrapping behaviour?

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top