Re: [cdt-dev] JUnit 4 or 5

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 2:34 AM Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks,

I want to solicit input and experience gained from others on this question from Bug 569839:

To implement test skipping for the flaky tests in Bug 499777 I wanted to just
add a line like:

Assume.assumeFalse("Skipping flaky test",
Boolean.parseBoolean(System.getProperty("skipFlakyTests")));

and then the gerrit builds could run with -DskipFlakyTests=true so that we can
get less false negatives, but still have the tests run as part of cdt-master.

However Assume is not available in JUnit3.

The question is should we update straight to JUnit5 (aka Jupiter) or just to
JUnit4 (like I did in
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt/+/174004)?

JUnit 5 is better unless there is hard requirement on TestSuites.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Jonah