[cdt-dev] Are managed projects a requirement/recommendation or the new build system is enough?

I did not get to study the new CDT build support (yet), but I was surprised to see that cmake4eclipse creates a kind of managed build projects, while the CDT cmake plug-ins do not.

For the future developments that I'm planning for the Embedded CDT plug-ins, I don't need the full managed build features, but I would need support for multiple build configurations, and a way to configure the indexer to parse separate compile_commands.json files for those configurations.

Can this be done with the new build system, or I'll still have to use parts of the old managed build plug-ins, as the cmake4eclipse apparently does?

Thank you,

Liviu

Back to the top